Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What I am doing with all my free time...

So, like most of you know, the baby has still yet to arrive. But, I've already started my maternity leave from work so I've been home these past two days. I was hoping to have a little baby to fuss over and take care of, but not yet. So what am I doing with all my wonderful, free time? Well, frankly, I'm working!

Maternity leave for a teacher is a little different. Even though, I'm not at work for 12 weeks I still have to create lesson plans which is hard from home since I don't have all my stuff here with my because I'm sure the permanent sub needs it. But, I'm making do. Some stuff I have access to online and that is extremely helpful. So, yesterday all morning I was grading papers because the 6 weeks was over. Then I was finishing lesson plans that the sub can (hopefully!) read. I did the same today. But on the bright side, I don't have to grade papers while I'm gone! :) Also, I have newsletters to write for the sub. Which isn't too bad really. I think I'm only going to try to be two weeks ahead. I'll devote one day a week to "work." Probably a Monday when Taylor will be home to take care of Hugo. So, that's my plan!

Anyway, until then, I keep thinking of my little class and how I miss them and I pray that my sub is able to really teach them and that they will really learn something while I'm gone. It's a pretty critical 12 weeks to be gone. But, I don't want to worry too much while I have my new baby. This kind of opportunity with your child only knocks once!!



My little class

2 comments:

Leslie said...

too true! do whatcha gotta do, but enjoy the extra time you'll have with your family and soooooon with your handsome little boy! <3

A Tale of Three said...

Interesting, I didnt know it worked that way. At least you have something to keep your mind occupied while you wait for the little man to make his appearance.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers