Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Love Post to Red Beard

If you had told me when I was 12 years old that I was going to marry Taylor Seibold I wouldn't have believed you. If you had asked me when I was 14 I probably would have said, "No, way!" If you had asked me when I was 16 I probably would have paused and thought about it. Because you see, at 16, I was already head over heels for Taylor. Because all teenage girls at one point or another roll the idea around in their head that they could in fact marry that one person they crushed on at that moment. I know i did! I was already thinking that Aleni Seibold, regretfully, did not sound all that great. But Aleni is a hard name to pair with other names.

I'll tell you the moment that Taylor won my heart forever. I can still remember the tiny details now eleven years later. He came to pick me up in his dad's golden pickup truck and he was wearing a green sweater with a white stripe. I thought he was dreamy. He walked me back to the truck (opened my door) and then....gave me a blanket!

That's it! That was the moment.

You're probably thinking...that's it?! Weeell, it was such a simple and small gesture, but it meant so much to me. He had remembered when I had said in passing that I freeze at movie theaters. This really is Taylor's signature. He remembers the small things. He is so considerate. When he makes a snack he always remembers to bring me some too. He is always on the lookout for something that I might like. Plus, he is extremely silly and plays along with all of my dumb, immature scenarios. I love that about him. He will pick up right where I leave off.

So, happy anniversary, Taylor! May you continue to have patience with me as I lose everything on a daily basis(I am trying to improve!!)!







2 comments:

Rachel Hair said...

auhhh!!! You are so cute! You both are.

Abinadi said...

You speak for all of us AlenĂ­. We all love Taylor, too. Happy anniversary.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers