Saturday, October 10, 2009

And one day you wake up and its October!!

I can't believe its October! But everything says that it is: the temperature is substantially cooler, the leaves are falling, the sky is gray, department stores have Halloween and Christmas decorations, and jackets are needed. Fall has arrived!

There are so many things to update this blog on. I'm not even sure who even reads this. I am officially a teacher. I'm a fifth grade teacher at an elementary school here in Texas. I love it. I do believe it is the perfect fit for me. Every day I get dressed and drive 30 minutes to a classroom of 17 students and we have a blast. There are days that I wish I were home instead, but majority of the time I love my job. My kids are great. I'm very fortunate to have such a well behaved class my first year of teaching. However, I never realized how much behind the scenes work there was as well. I am not talking about grading or lesson plans, but just a whole other section I wasn't aware about. But you know, I'll just roll with the punches.

Taylor is doing well too. Right now he's taking a break from Tarleton and going to TCC instead and taking some classes he can finish there. Next semester its back to the long drive. He's now investigating medical school. My mother could not be happier. :) Taylor is very intelligent so I do not worry about him in the least.

Over the summer we have had so many adventures. We had a family reunion on the Seibold side, fishing with family, we swam with friends, I saw some old college friends, we went to the fair, my sister came down, and more! Actually, both my sister and two sister in laws had baby boys in a period of three months. So we welcomed three new nephews. However, these pictures only display my four nephews on my side of the family. They are all very precious!! Here is our life in pictures!



Dad and Aaron



Taylor and James



My mom with Ethan and my sister with Joshua



James and I first thing in the morning!



Taylor and Andrew swimming





3 comments:

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...

I read your blog!

And I'm glad to know that you're a teacher, and that you love it! I've thought about teaching before...but it's just not my passion. I think I get frustrated too easily. ;-)

Congratulations on all the nephews!

Taylor and Aleni said...

I read your blog to, Ben! I can't tell you how sad I was to find out that I had barely missed you when I visited your family at the new house! Hope all is well!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers