Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Great Nursery Debate

So, I know a baby doesn't really care about the colors or the patterns or the decorations that are in his room. A baby doesn't care if things match. A baby doesn't care about knobs. A baby really just cares if his needs are met. But I care. And unfortunately, I care a lot! I didn't think I really would, but an obsession has creeped into my life and I'm captivated by mommy blogs. More particularly, nursery blogs. It's amazing to me how creative people are....and how creative I am not. I go on a daily basis to Spearmint Baby blog to check out her collection of nursery photos to get inspiration, but the more I look at the countless photos the more confused I am with what I want to do.

This is what I have so far:
Paint color: arctic blue


Painting I must have in the room: Monsieur under the rain


Crib: White from IKEA-the Gulliver


Dresser: My old white antique dresser (love it for the old feel I get from it, but I don't have pictures right now)

Lighting: Adorable night lights from IKEA





I'm not too sure how the night lights will look, but I thought since the monsieur was so colorful it would be alright. And I still haven't found the bedding I'm looking for that will unite all of the colors as well. And I don't even know what all of the colors are! haha Any helpful hints or ideas from my creative friends? What do you think of what I have?

2 comments:

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

i was just at ikea a couple'a days ago! [when we talked last, i was in the car heading up there. haha ] my friend chris got one of those lights and they're adoreable! though the taller ones are way cuter than the short ones in person. [in my opinion.] we also thought this lamp and ceiling fixture were adoreable: this one and this one.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers